What’s Happening with Run Club?
Dear running family,
Sammi here — one of the originals at the Flathead Beacon Running Club with some updates for 2017 regarding the running club.
We still think of you often, even though we haven’t organized a group run ALL WINTER LONG.
There are good reason(s) for this. Why?
1. I tore my ACL in half. Skiing. Too fast. It was dumb, but now I can’t run for a while. How long? Let’s not think about that.
2. Kristin also had a skiing accident and hurt her knee. Wow…what are we doing?
3. It’s hard, really hard, to organize group runs and make other people lead them.
It was just rude, almost. I was forcing my beloved co-workers to lead group runs and although, they loved it — it just wasn’t a sustainable model.
The Flathead Beacon is an ever-evolving, amazing business (Did you know that the newspaper is 10 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR!)…and our running crew of employees is…well, busy. So are you, we know that, but we’re NOT going to do group runs this year.
There, I said it out loud.
What we ARE going to do? These things:
1. Give races promotion and press through our radical Facebook page and newsletter program so YOU can still get awesome discounts to all the races and events you LOVE.
2. Get you your shirts. If you didn’t believe us, now you should. YOUR SHIRTS ARE IN! And, they’re awesome. Come by the office:
17 Main St. Kalispell, MT
to get your shirt and give me a hard time for not organizing group runs in 2017. I’M SORRY!!
If we want to run together, can it come from within? You guys/gals — the community. Tell us what you want? We could schedule a run / quarter, or something like that — what is it you would like to see?
The running club is so awesome for so many reasons, it just came time to evolve it again into something that works for us and YOU!.
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints. (Let’s keep the complaints to a minimum, shall we?)
P.S. I am probably going to do surgery on my knee this spring.
Tags: Beacon, Flathead, Flathead Beacon, Flathead Beacon Running Club, Flathead running, Historic Rails to Trails, Kalispell running route, Montana, North Valley Hospital, run, run club, running, Trailrunning, whitefish, Whitefish Trails